Friday 10 July 2015

Imperial Assault- Han and Chewie

"Paint me Solo and the Wookie!"
Lots of fun painting these two.

Han Solo
"Scoundrel?"

"I know."

I painted the Corellian Bloodstripes by first painting a red strip up the trousers, then a few dark blue lines across it.

Chewbacca

I painted Chewie in a dark red-brown, then drybrushed the fur up to a yellow sandy colour. Then I used a thin black wash around the upper back, arms, face, and thighs, which really brings out the Chewbaccaness of this Wookie. Remember, let the Wookie win!






It's a great sculpt, much larger than the humans, but I'd love to see a furious melee pose.

Here's a great Chewie video, do yourself a favour and watch it.


18 comments:

  1. Great painting, you've really done these iconic figures proud - right down to Han's Corellian bloodstripes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cheers, PC! The things I've learned from painting miniatures...

      Delete
  2. Well Done Barks! Extremely well painted. They look to be a good range of figures.
    Cheers
    Col

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Col! I'm really enjoying this range. Lots of variety and potential.

      Delete
  3. Having literally just looked at the original costumes last week in Seattle, I can definitely say you've done these guys proud!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear you're getting the most out of your trip! Thanks very much!

      Delete
  4. Fantastic work Barks. Your Chewbacca paint job captures him perfectly.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice!! They both look ace great job sir!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The black wash on the fur really takes it to the next level. Superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SW- it was really simple, but makes a huge difference.

      Delete
  7. Both lovely figures, well done. I've never understood Chewie's weapon - is it a crossbow? Is it a laser? is it both?
    Great video.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, it strikes me as a somewhat impractical weapon for a big melee chap.

      Delete
  8. Way coooool! Star Wars rocks!

    ReplyDelete